Entry Level Project Manager (Power Engineering Technologist)
Contract To Hire
Our client is looking for Entry Level Project Manager (Power Engineering Technologist)
candidates for a position located in Lakeland, Colorado
. Our client is an electric utilities company and ideal candidates will have an interest in pursuing a career in the industry and a project management, customer service, or related background.
- The purpose of this position is to apply technical skills to accurately evaluate options and design safe, cost effective and reliable design of facilities for residential, commercial and industrial projects.
- Incumbents are expected to demonstrate a basic knowledge of client/customer design and workflow processes/procedures, data entry and technical skills in the client’s specific areas of expertise.
- With the support of direct supervision and mentoring, the incumbent is responsible to carrying out the following duties:
- Learn, practice and promote ALL safety policies and procedures 100% of the time.
- Demonstrate the ability to properly apply various codes, requirements, regulations, policies and procedures to all assigned work
- Develop skills to safely make job-site visits and interact with construction personnel.
- Develop and demonstrate ability to use the various design software and work management tools utilized by the company and client(s).
- Prepare project and job packages that include material lists, requisitions, labor estimates, site drawings and construction drawings for various installations of electrical facilities in a cost-effective manner that maximizes safety and service reliability.
- Develop skills to accurately evaluate loading on distribution equipment such as transformers & fusing.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn utility construction practices on public right of way (ROW) and private land.
- Regularly communicate job status to assure client expectations and deliverable dates are met Develop relationships with key internal and external customers while supporting both company and client’s business goals and expectations while representing themselves both positively and professionally. Maintain files and records in an organized manner.
- Mentor under experienced personnel, supervision, management and PE.
About Seneca Resources:
- Associate degree is preferred
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.