Our client is looking for Distribution Engineer
candidates for a position located in Birmingham, AL
. Our client is an electric utilities company looking for an Entry to Mid Level Engineer with knowledge of the utilities/distribution industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering/technical expertise to solve problems in a specific area of expertise, with close supervision.
- Incumbents are expected to develop skills in their field of study, and the ability to work with greater independence.
- Under close supervision, in the area of expertise will provide:
- Engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
- Effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities
- Thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches
- Continuous improvement of job-related, engineering, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Accurate records and files
- Support of the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally
- Graduation from an ABET Accredited four-year college or university program with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
- Understanding of basic engineering theories and principles.
- Understanding of basic practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of basic electricity and power quality.
- Knowledge of Distribution construction standards and methods.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
About Seneca Resources:
- Received a passing grade on the Engineering Fundamentals Exam.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management
- Experience in the utility/distribution industry.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.