Director of Engineering and Maintenance
Our client is looking for Director of Engineering and Maintenance
candidates for a position located in Decatur, AL.
Our client is an aluminum extrusion facility, and the ideal candidate will have a proven track record of training teams and exceeding expectations.
- Identifies current and future maintenance requirements by coordinating with Department Leaders and Engineering Manager, maintenance team, tradesmen, technicians, vendors, and other persons in a position to understand maintenance requirements.
- Identifies requirements for an annual maintenance budget, preparing recommendations for capital expenditures, scheduling expenditures, coordinating projects with purchasing, analyzing variance, initiating corrective action, and anticipating long-term issues.
- Lead team to align with maintenance program and ensure efficient day-to-day operation of equipment and plant services including cost control, safety and product quality.
- Promotes safety and a safe work environment for all employees/contractors.
- Works closely and collaborates with Engineering, Operations and other internal customers.
- Provides subject matter expertise on capital projects and equipment selections, with a focus on optimizing to equipment reliability and asset care.
- Champions and drives asset standardization and best practices across all areas of maintenance i.e. mechanical, electrical and civil.
- Provide leadership and support for equipment reliability improvement projects, focused on reducing breakdowns and unplanned downtime.
- Champions the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and implements improvements and upgrades to ensure efficient and effective use of resources
- Supports the development of capex program for facility.
- Key contributor for new equipment selection, FAT'S, and reliability metrics within the commissioning process.
- Provides leadership, technical expertise, and training on asset monitoring, PM/PdM tools, and spare parts inventory strategies.
- Develop standard processes for corrective action plans that improve asset care
- Benchmarks, develops and trains plant maintenance teams in mean time to repair (MTTR) and mean time between failures (MTBF) processes, to ensure a continuous improvement of all assets.
- Foster a team environment to fully support the objectives of plant operations, using various metrics to measure maintenance performance, continuous improvement and asset reliability.
- Review plant history and other technical files to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Incorporate continuous improvement feedback into the maintenance planning and execution strategy.
- Utilize lifecycle cost analysis (LCA) for decision making and evaluation of rebuild vs replacement alternatives. on assets.
- Work with Engineering to integrate capital projects into the asset care program at facility.
- Develop and maintain report on plant maintenance and asset care KPIs.
About Seneca Resources:
- 5-10 years engineering experience preferably in a fast-paced manufacturing environment within a management role
- Engineering Degree or Engineering Technologist Diploma (mechanical / industrial / electrical) required or equivalent extrusion experience
- Must have excellent computer knowledge, proficient in MS Office/AutoCAD, solid to advanced spreadsheet skills combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and passionate individual, who has a high sense of urgency, thrives with a wide variety of work and can deliver consistent results on multiple priorities
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.