Pell City, AL
Our client is looking for PLC Technician
candidates for a position located in Pell City, AL
. Our client is an automotive supplier and this position will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting automation equipment on the daily basis with main focus on electrical, PLC and CNC controlled equipment.
Technical Skills / Qualifications:
- The candidate will be part of project teams which are responsible for the successful launch of new automation equipment, starting from the design phase up to the fully integrated system and process.
- The above will require production floor work and office work.
- Support the maintenance / robotic team during machine downtime situations
- Troubleshooting of electrical, PLC, VFD and CNC controlled equipment
- Maintain electrical, PLC, VFD and CNC controlled equipment at all departments, mechanical, polishing, anodize, paint line, and assembly
- Support the engineering team to implement modification such as (poka-yoke) of electrical, controls equipment
- Determining weak spots of any automation machinery and operation to decrease machine downtime, minimize recurring issues & improve production efficiencies
- Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, quality and throughput
- Discussing and solving complex problems with production, quality, maintenance departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers
- Working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering specialism
- Participate in continuing education in areas such as robotic, PLC controls, VFD and CNC
- Participate as needed or requested in new machine launches, equipment installations & equipment integrations
- Training the maintenance staff in electrical and control fields to improve the troubleshooting skills
- Training production staff in set up the machines and operation automation machines
- Extensive knowledge of elec. equipment and troubleshooting
- Advanced knowledge of controls, preferable Siemens PLC
- Good knowledge of frequency drives, preferable Siemens, SEW
- Ability to understand electrical CAD drawings, blueprints
- The ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment, which includes being self-motivated, accepting responsibilities, completing assigned action items, and participating in a proactive manner in all team events
- Able to train maintenance and other team members
- Good problem solving skills are very important
- Good interpersonal and communication skills required
- Fluent in German Language Written/Spoken is a Plus
- Working knowledge of the MS Office Suite
- Robot skills (ABB, Fanuc) will be considered as a plus
About Seneca Resources:
- Any relevant education with focus on automation
- A degree is required
- Associate in Applied Science Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology, Automation, Mechatronics
- Bachelor's Degree in an Electrical Engineering is a plus
- Any other relevant education and/or training will be considered a plus
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.