Position Title: QA Test Analyst
Location: Birmingham, AL
Position Status: Contract to Hire
Our client is looking for QA Test Analyst candidates for a position located in Birmingham, AL. The ideal candidate will have junior to mid-level experience in manual testing with the desire to move into automated testing or software development in the future.
- Creates and executes tests to verify story acceptance criteria.
- Performs functional, integration, and end-to-end testing for semi-weekly releases.
- As defects are discovered, generates defect tickets in VersionOne that include the specific steps to reproduce the issue, screenshots, and any additional information or insights that may assist in resolving the issue.
- Ensures that all in-scope requirements for a given release are effectively tested.
- During the course of testing, ensures that the look and feel of the user interface (UI) is consistent with company design standards.
- Documents and communicates the findings of defects, and monitors the status of their resolution
- Participates in Agile ceremonies and advises team on testability of stories
- Frequent communication with QA Director, QA staff, Application Developers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Business Partners. for reporting the status of testing and defects found
- Frequent interaction with QA Director for testing status updates, progress reporting, and overall coordination of testing activities
- Assists Application Development teams in troubleshooting and remediating defects
- Must be able to learn quickly on a system with complex business processes and rules
- Experience with structured application development and change control methodologies.
- Experience with relational database methodology as well as methods for accessing and validating of data via SQL.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related degree is required.
- 2-3+ years of experience with Quality Assurance procedures and testing approaches in Agile / Scrum environments.
- Manual testing experience
- Experience with VersionOne and Jenkins preferred.
- Familiarity with automated testing tools/frameworks such as Rest Assured, JaxRS, Cypress, Cucumber, Appium is a plus