Industrial Engineer - Logistics Focus
- The Industrial Engineer is responsible to ensure that the Customer, People, and Investor goals are balanced and met.
- The Industrial Engineer (IE) designs, develops, tests, evaluates, and implements integrated systems for managing industrial processes including human work factors, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis, and production coordination.
- Responsible for supporting safety, quality, and productivity while adhering to plant standards.
- During long range planning and launch of new programs, the IE is responsible for ensuring equipment, personnel, and other resources are considered to ensure best practices and lean material flow is achieved.
- The IE will monitor continuous improvement projects, work with teams to meet targets and timelines within budget, and ensure timely escalation of issues are coordinated to prevent delays.
- Develop and maintain a plan for every part (PFEP).
- Use the PFEP to support other Drive Automotive departments in planning for SOP, EOP, insourcing, outsourcing, etc.
- Use the PFEP, facility layout, best practices/benchmarks, and Lean Manufacturing tools (ex: Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, etc.) to identify and drive material flow improvements.
- Provide information from the PFEP (packaging requirements, space requirements, delivery frequency, etc.) to other Departments as requested.
- Lead process improvement, cost savings, and cost avoidance projects involving resources and getting buy-in/approval from other departments.
- Analyze data including customer requirements, operation sequence, material flow, functional statements, packaging requirements, cycle times, project information, etc. to determine/improve worker functions and responsibilities (work instruction) with the goal of efficient material flow and cost savings.
- Evaluate and recommend best practice improvements related to forklifts, tuggers, tugger carts and other material handling equipment.
- Development of tugger or forklift routes that optimize material flow, while minimizing labor requirements.
- Work closely with engineering on future plant expansions or production line enhancements to ensure lean and material flow best practices are implemented.
- Develop, monitor and report out on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Responsible for development of corrective actions for KPIs not meeting goals.
- Coordination with production and material planners to drive measurable improvements in inventory levels, warehouse footprint, on-time delivery performance, and lead-times through improved planning improvements.
- Support in development of the Layout Management System processes and use the established processes to communicate any required updates to the layout of equipment, materials, workspace, etc.
- Develop and implement 5S and visual factory control throughout the plant.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Perform Layered Process Audits in production as required
- Maintain 5S standards in workspace/department and hold team accountable for
- meeting 5S standards.
About Seneca Resources:
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Operations Management, a related technical discipline, or 10 years related experience with a sound understanding and proven history of application of industrial engineering concepts.
- Strong change management, facilitation, and communication skills coupled with a demonstrated ability to drive improvement in a highly-decentralized environment.
- Proven project management skills dealing with complex projects.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Project, Word, CAD.
- Strong leadership skills.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace