Our client is looking for Logistics Specialist
candidates for a position located in Vance, AL
. Our client is an automotive manufacturing company and this position is responsible for clearing the inbound material for the business implementation of the Daimler global Supply Chain IT solution “AmSupply” and follows up on the findings.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications- Minimum Qualifications Include:
- Resolve daily receiving exceptions identified by receiving Team Members.
- Find deliveries for suppliers within the SAP system.
- Retrieve the supplier’s ASN (Advance Shipping Notice) data from SAP and document error prior to resolving.
- At the time of delivery, check trailer identification number on the shop floor at the dock door to identify the correct trailer. Check physical shipment against the ASN.
- Detect shipping errors (wrong material, packaging numbers, quantities, etc.).
- Determine whether source of error lies with the supplier or with internal IT.
- Generates and reports daily error statistics of incorrect shipments to management for actions to take place.
- Perform ad hoc error analysis when called in exception cases by the receiving teams at warehouse, assembly shops and body shops to ensure the inbound shipments with handling units are being received correctly.
- Pack/ unpack/ create Handling Units (HUs) identified with discrepancies to match physical delivery and generate corrected labels.
- Resolve material that is staged incorrectly according to control cycle strategy and bin assignment.
- Identify and report all parts shipped in incorrect and unapproved packaging by suppliers to MRP and Packaging groups.
- Follow up on corrective actions and clean point deliveries from suppliers.
- Work in different shifts and weekends if necessary.
About Seneca Resources:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Operations Management or related field of study
- 2 years of experience in material handling or logistics
- Knowledge in Warehousing, Outbound Shipment and Transportation
- Ability to work different shifts and/or weekends
- SAP know-how
- Ability to approach problems in a methodical and logical manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.