SOC Analyst (Security engineer 3)
- Daily management of firewall hardware platforms
- Enable and Maintain the Service Model Lifecycle for security hardware
- Firewall troubleshooting and service configuration
- Firewall implementation design and upgrade planning
- Maintenance of hardware/software versions for firewall systems
- Responsible for Life Cycle management for firewall platforms and supporting systems
- Firewall system design and upgrade planning, including migrations to firewall virtualization/cloud based firewall implementations
- Aid in strategic planning related to network security
- Manage review and implementation of new firewall technologies and/or features
- Maintain technical firewall system documentation
- NAT management and related system configuration
- Act as implementation leader for firewall related projects
- Act as firewall SME to support other departments as needed
- Firewall related troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Completion of firewall related change requests as needed
- Act as a liaison to technology partners and lines of business as needed on Information Security matters. Will promote the Information Security culture and values.
- Maintain service delivery alignment to security principles, regulatory and compliance requirements, and industry standards (NIST, GLBA, HIPAA, PCI, etc.)
- Enhances team accomplishments and expertise by mentoring team members; championing Information Security practices; removing silos, and promote knowledge sharing within the organization.
College degree in related field or 5-7 years of working experience in Technology/Information/Network Security, with at least 4-5 years' experience with firewall management.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Competence with well-known firewall platforms (Fortinet/Palo Alto, Cisco), with experience adequate to designated subject matter expert for one or more firewall platforms.
- Ability to rapidly respond to changes in technologies and security needs. Individual must be motivated to complete ongoing education/training to maintain status as firewall SME.
- Competence with cloud technologies and firewall virtualization preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Display a proactive approach to problem solving and the ability to meet tight deadlines. Self-motivated -- able to set and adhere to own priorities/timeframes. Driven to support speed, quality and cost.
- Ability to lead meetings and project team involving diverse group of professionals is a strong plus.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 10% annually
- Absolutely trustworthy with high standards of personal integrity (demonstrated by an unblemished career history, complete lack of criminal convictions etc.), and willingness to undergo vetting to verify this if necessary.
About Seneca Resources:
- CCNP Security
- NSE 4, 5
- PCNSA , PCNSE
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.