Process Engineer/Continuous Improvement Engineer
Pell City, AL
Our client is looking for Process Engineer
candidates for a position located in Pell City, AL
. Our client is a Tier I Automotive Supplier and this position will be responsible for the process design, operation, and implementation. Ideal candidates will have experience in the automotive industry; Tier I experience is preferred.
- Prepare engineering analysis of projects to include:
- Preliminary design, calculation, and life cycle cost and equipment selection.
- Conduct surveys to gather field data.
- Prepare and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts and other visual aids.
- Prepare technical construction specifications.
- Perform Mechanical engineering duties surrounding the following:
- Mechanical devices, components, engines, transportation equipment, environmental control, materials handling, machine tools, robots, and automated manufacturing equipment.
Duties Will Include:
- Developing, configuring, optimizing industrial processes from inception through to start up and certification.
- Assess processes, take measurements and interpret data.
- Designing, running, testing and upgrading systems and processes.
- Often overlaps into the field of continuous improvement and industrial engineering practices.
- Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, quality and throughout
- Developing a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines
- Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs
- Discussing and solving complex problems with production, quality, maintenance departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers
- Making sure that the product can be made again reliably and that it will perform consistently in specified operating environments
- Managing projects using engineering principles and techniques
- Planning and designing new production processes
- Producing details of specifications and outline designs
- Recommending modifications in the light of prototype test results
- Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modeling and computer-aided design
- Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints
- Working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering specialism
- Monitoring and commissioning plant and systems.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and operation of product designs.
- Estimate costs and submit bids for engineering, construction, or extraction projects, and prepare contract documents.
- Establish and coordinate the maintenance and safety procedures, service schedule, and supply of materials required to maintain machines and equipment in the prescribed condition.
About Seneca Resources:
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering STEM discipline preferred, a Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Any relevant education and/or training will be considered a plus
- Past experience with automotive manufacturing and engineering automated systems.
- The ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment, which includes being self-motivated, accepting responsibilities, completing assigned action items, and participating in a proactive manner in all team events.
- Good problem-solving skills are very important!
- Good interpersonal and communication skills required.
- CAD or AutoCad skills.
- Familiarity with health/ergonomics and OSHA safety regulations.
- Fluent in German Language Written/Spoken is a Plus.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.