Technical Sales Specialist
Our client is looking for Technical Sales Specialist
candidates for a position located in Tampa, Florida
. Our client provides industrial solutions (automation, precision measurement, process, etc.) to manufacturers across the U.S. The ideal candidate will have experience building and maintaining client relationships and have some technical electrical/mechanical knowledge.
- Establish and maintain effective customer relationships through sales calls at assigned customers.
- Promote the capabilities of the Automation Group through represented manufacturer’s products and company branded (proprietary) solutions, then deliver these solutions to solve customer problems.
- Proactively promote solutions to solve customer problems by applying the appropriate robotic, motion control, automation and/or pneumatic technologies.
- Responsible for growing sales by nurturing existing business, identifying new business opportunities at existing customers, and generating new sales at target customers.
- Meet annual sales goals as established by the Sales Manager.
- Grow overall sales and income at existing customers.
- Develop new business opportunities with existing customers and new prospects.
- Develop strong relationships at all assigned customers.
- Maintain CRM for current customers and potential prospects. Track opportunities in CRM sales funnel.
- Adhere to the Cross CRM Netsuite TSS Requirements Guide to manage tools relevant to sales growth achievement.
- Maintain superior technical knowledge of our products. Attend factory training as needed. Develop good working relationships with our Principal manufacturers.
- Integrate Technical Sales Specialist role into Cross team selling approach partnering with Application Engineers, CSRs, and Business Development.
Education and Experience:
- Communicate all significant customer and supplier issues to Sales Manager.
- Maintain updated and accurate contact lists in CRM tool.
- Maintain new prospects in CRM. Input customer opportunities inside the CRM.
- Maintain sales call reporting and customer sales related activity in CRM tool.
- Maintain quote activity in CRM.
- Proficiency in this system is strategic to both Company strategy for customer growth and customer data analysis.
- Have strong knowledge of your competition. Be aware of the strengths and weaknesses of competitive distributors and their products represented in common customer geography.
- Contribute to the Cross Company content creation process.
- This requirement is directed by the Sales Manager and includes interaction with Marketing for blogs, videos, and application successes.
- Complete any other duties as assigned by Sales Manager.
- This may include customer related tasks, projects management, or miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- 5 years industry-related sales experience
- Associate degree required, Bachelor degree with strong technical content is preferred
About Seneca Resources:
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Business acumen to advance organizational goals, based on relevant discrete manufacturing market and trends.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Decisively identify action plan required for customer issues.
- Outstanding product expertise for each Automation Group technology, including robotics, motion control, automation and pneumatics.
- Superior knowledge and practice of basic selling skills.
- Strong PC skills using MS Word, Excel PowerPoint, Google business tools and basic CAD.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.