Information System Security Manager (ISSM)
Hanscom AFB, MA
Active Secret Clearance
Contract to Hire
Our client is looking for Information System Security Manager (ISSM)
candidates for a position located in Hanscom AFB, MA
. This individual will coordinate tasks, assist in functional validations, and collaborate with key stakeholders in order to manage expectations with Authorizing Official Designated Representatives (AODRs) and ISSMs and the functional community throughout the project(s) lifecycle.
As a trusted agent, the candidate is a key communicator, tactful diplomat, and critical problem solver. Team members assist in reviewing relevant policies, scheduling activities and recommending courses of action/tasks to reduce cybersecurity risk while balancing mission requirements within allotted resources. Candidate will act as the liaison between program managers, functional managers, and senior leaders to analyze, document, assess, and manage requirements.
Preferred individual will be self-motivated, with a high energy level, and a proactive work ethic. Activities include participation in system migrating to cloud environments, mobile platforms, and consolidation. Team members are responsible to ensure results are integrated and interoperable with related projects and production capabilities.
- 5+ years’ experience at various levels in information technology/cybersecurity
- DoD 8570.01 Information Assurance Manager Level II (CAP, CASP, CISM, CISSP, GSLC)
- Manage the security requirements of multiple cloud environments and security levels
- Understand the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Provide guidance to system managers and security analysts to resolve security related problems and concerns
- Have a broad knowledge of policies, concepts, staff and operating functions, and procedures affecting cloud based services and tools, OS, encryption solutions, mobile, communication paths, auditing, access control methods and automated information systems management at various impact levels for systems throughout DoD
- Requires strong organizational skills and action-oriented personality; experience leading tasks, tracking actions across multiple organizations
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities backed by solid writing and communication skills; must operate constructively and effectively with project end-users, customers, advocates and stakeholders
- Requires power user skills in MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint)
- Thorough knowledge of AWS and Azure environments
- CISSP, ISSEP (desired), Cloud Certification is a huge plus.
- Cloud based experience - FEDRAMP and/or DOD Cloud Security Requirements Guide (SRG) preferred
- Previous DoD or AF experience
- Familiar with DoD Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs)
- Bachelor or Masters degree in scientific, technical, or engineering
- Experience with eMASS
- Familiar with Fortify, ACAS/Nessus, App Detective, AWS Inspector, GuardDuty, Azure Security Center