Vehicle Technology Engineer
Our client is looking for Vehicle Technology Engineer
candidates for a position located in Vance, AL.
Our client is an automotive manufacturing company, and this position is responsible for providing technical support and root-cause analysis of vehicle electrical systems and components during the building process and through the commissioning process to Assembly Operations and plant engineering groups. This includes troubleshooting, reporting and maintaining quality regarding the vehicle commissioning process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications- Minimum Qualifications Include:
- Maintain a comprehensive expertise of assigned control units and associated systems function, network BUS, and design changes.
- Daily root-cause analysis of complex systems and component electrical issues independently or in conjunction with other support groups, especially for complex and next-level support incidents, and new products and features.
- Support process audit requirements with commissioning knowledge
- in Assembly for vehicle production;
- at suppliers for control unit and electrical component production.
- Identify top concerns for areas of responsibility, perform root-cause analysis of the findings, and develop or assist with short and long term countermeasures. Responsible for track and trend activity results using Management Reporting System, Problem Solving worksheet, Flip Chart, etc.
- Provide advanced level and complex issue technical support for Assembly, Test Spots, Shipping Line (WSA), Off-line Repair, EAK (drive validation process), VoCA (Voice of Customer Audit) as / where required. (Includes but not limited to: fielding questions from Team Members, supporting other departments, vehicle hands-on diagnostics, on and off-line).
- Leader and integrated participant in associated meetings and forums: Plant E/E (Electric/Electronic) alignment meeting (X-team), Change Management Control (CCT), problem escalation (e.g. launch meetings), etc. as necessary.
- Provide technical assistance and problem resolution for Assembly, supporting processes and other departments as needed. Provide technical leadership on E/E topics for MBUSI; ensure international alignment, lead change initiatives and provide strategy.
- Act in the capacity of technical advisor for ESD (electrostatic discharge) conformance, training and company audits.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related course of study
- Co-Op/ internship and/ or up to 2 years' professional experience in the following area(s):
- Supplier Quality, EVS (Development Liaison), QRD (Development Engineer), or MOE (Assembly Vehicle Electrical)
About Seneca Resources:
- Microsoft Office and Daimler Production Systems proficiency (i.e. IS Visu; MRS; PLUS; DIALOG)
- Extensive electrical automotive technical analysis and ability to utilize and train others with general and Daimler specific tools: e.g. multi-meters, oscilloscopes, data loggers, CANDI, CANoe; FlexRay; E-Com; Vector; Xentry
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.