Diagnostic Testing Engineer
Our client is looking for Diagnostic Testing Engineer
candidates for a position located in Vance, AL.
Our client is an automotive manufacturing company, and this position is responsible for r the creation, maintenance, validity, and efficiency of the vehicle diagnostic testing software used in the static and dynamic testing of the vehicle to ensure the highest quality vehicles are being produced for our customers. In addition, the position will be responsible for assigned pre-designated control units and/or given areas of testing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications- Minimum Qualifications Include:
- Creates new test programs from the bottom up during major model changes.
- Uses continuous improvement to ensure existing test programs and equipment are optimized for maximum efficiency.
- Prepares software packages for installation, perform validation and controls the rollout to the testing equipment online with minimum impact to running production.
- Documents and tracks all concerns and actions regarding software changes on test equipment to evaluate and measure the impact of the changes in regards to quality and
- Performs control unit / test sequence error analysis and develops countermeasures.
- Investigates process and product issues, implements and verifies countermeasure effectiveness.
- Conducts and participates in internal and external software reviews to prepare for product changes and their impact on processes, equipment, tooling, etc.
- Evaluates the viability of alternative production and test processes by measuring realized improvement gains in either quality and/or efficiency.
- Conducts training activities for assembly team members regarding test changes which are created by process revisions, technical changes, countermeasures, continuous
- improvement activities, etc.
- Creates and maintains configuration files, directory structures, etc. as required for setup of testing hardware.
- Interacts with production team members, production support departments, and all levels of management to gauge testing quality, efficiency and validity.
- Creates statistical reports for the purpose of problem identification, trend analysis and countermeasure effectiveness.
- Participates and leads group problem solving activities.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related course of study.
- A minimum of three (3) years' of relevant professional experience in the following area(s):
- Engineering in an automotive manufacturing environment with a strong emphasis on diagnostic testing and software programming experience.
About Seneca Resources:
- Electric and Electronic Knowledge (Digital and Analog)
- Programming Experience in C, C++, C# and scripting languages
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of version control software (SVN and CVS used)
- Ability to multitask in a high-pressure environment
- Capability of learning new technologies quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both technical and non-technical
- Working knowledge of software development, implementation, operation/maintenance, design and analysis
- Working knowledge of database structures and SQL (Oracle)
- Working knowledge of operation systems (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10 and Linux)
- Working knowledge of networking
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.