CMM Operator (1st
Pell City, AL
Our client is looking for CMM Operator
candidates for a position located in Pell City, AL
. Our client is an automotive supplier and The CMM Operator will assist in making dimensional and/or mechanical inspection and test of assemblies, sub-assemblies, units and components for size, to ensure conformance with quality standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Technical Skills & Work Experience:
- Assists with devising dimensional gauging set-ups. Inspects and checks instruments, apparatus, machines and equipment following established procedures.
- Checks layout and processing of critical parts.
- Assists in determining reasons for defects or malfunctions, effect of deviations on product requirements.
- Operate CMM
- Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and work pieces on CMM machine using hand tools and precision measuring instruments
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures
- Must be able to read CMM reports
- Use micrometers, calipers and depth micrometers
- Must be able to assist with completing PPAP packages as directed
- Must be accurate and precise in measurements, both as presented to the customer for sample layouts and to production for first piece and dimensional checks
- Familiarity with SPC concepts and applications are a plus
- Perform calibrations and to input the data into the calibration software system
- Knowledge of GD&T to be demonstrated upon receipt of training
- Responsible for keeping work area clean and organized
- Assist Quality Engineer in dimensional inspection of product for PPAP’s
- Data entry and basic analysis of statistical process control charts
- Assist the production team in collecting and analyzing data for measurement systems analysis, capability studies, design of experiments, gauge R&R, etc.
- Ability to develop work instructions
- Perform internal audits for compliance to ISO/TS 16949 standards
- Ensure production line, gauges and measuring devices are working correctly
- Monitor production line fallout and yields and provide samples for root cause analysis and corrective action
- Identify and handle non-conforming products
- Conduct production line quality audits
- Assist production leads in training team members to perform various inspections on the production floor
- Ensure 5-S is adhered to properly
- Identifies visual defects and makes dispositions on inspected materials
- Maintain calibration activities for the plant
- Must be un-biased in approach to inspection results
About Seneca Resources:
- 2 years experience with operating Coordinate Measurement Machine; programming experience is a +
- Previous experience in a manufacturing assembly environment - preferably with automotive.
- Previous quality control experience in a manufacturing environment - preferably with automotive, metal stamping, or plastic injection molding companies.
- Experience with MS Office applications such as Access, Excel and Word.
- Familiar with PPAP, drawings, flowcharts, work instructions, and control plans, gage R&R, capability studies.
- Must be a team player and work well with others in process development, corrective action and problem solving.
- A proven track record of results, and enjoy working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment; results oriented and self motivated.
- Familiar with and committed to continuous improvement principles
- Ability to effectively handle multiple activities simultaneously and successfully function in a fast paced, cross functional manufacturing environment
- Familiar with ISO/TS 16949 or ISO 9001
- Must be able to properly use quality gages - Micrometers - calipers - optical comparators – CMM height gauges, indicating micrometers, etc.
- Ability to identify and make quality determination for visual defects
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.