Logistics Process Engineer
Under general supervision, this position plans for the operations group (on the shop floor) with the responsibility to secure the reduction of processing time and manpower requirements by stabilizing and optimizing the process of receiving, storing and delivering goods with automated technology and similar devices. Define and continuously improve the operational processes to meet or exceed key performance indicators (safety, quality, delivery, cost, morale – SQDCM).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- Planning, integration, launching and modifying automated guided vehicles (AGVs) and other similar technologies (pick by light, laser scanners, RFID, etc.) with their supporting equipment and controls.
- Assist in developing necessary project processing parameters and provide AGV and system programming assistance.
- Ensure compliance with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Ensure accuracy of the processes and analyze daily equipment and process flow effectiveness.
- Take corrective actions and follow up on those actions through completion with the relevant parties.
- Provides clear and sufficient feedback to equipment suppliers on operational problems and needs.
- Follow solutions through to implementation by active follow up procedures.
- Evaluate alternative logistics processes and assess their viability with the impact to other departments.
- Create proposals for process optimization in particular areas and/or in regard to reducing costs and showing / identifying solutions.
- Report status and concerns to Management following an established escalation process.
- Initiate, maintain and develop countermeasures for potential failure mode and effects analysis.
- Ensure proper PDCA (plan, do check, act) implementation and communication in a controlled and standardized approach regarding product, process, and people and the related changes resulting from a process change and continuous improvement activities.
- Procure from and/or exchange information with partners/colleagues in the plant, the logistics service provider, suppliers, and various departments (collaborate and generate best practices and lessons learned).
- Prepare planning options, evaluate cost-efficiency, and provide analysis in a detailed business case study for management approval.
- Support continuous improvement concepts and activities with the operational groups to ensure goals are achieved.
- Lead project management initiatives for start-ups or new commissions in the relevant shop.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree preferably in Supply Chain/Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of three (3) years’ of relevant professional experience in the following area(s):
- Manufacturing setting with proven analytical and project management skills.
- Experience in automated guided technology and controls.
About Seneca Resources:
- Technology and automation minded with a basic understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, motors, basic electricity, gearboxes and tools.
- Competent understanding of software, general computer systems, logic based decision systems and mechanical design.
- Knowledge of industrial networks and wireless networks with ability to troubleshoot dataflow issues.
- Proven ability to analyze and problem solve current processes, coordinate recommended trials, and implement measures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in groups, alone and with all levels of the organization.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.