Survey Technician/Instrument Operator
Our client is looking for Survey Technician/Instrument Operator
candidates for a position located in Huntsville, AL
. Our client provides Geotechnical, Civil, Planning, Environmental, and Construction services and is looking to add a Survey Tech with 1-3 years of experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The primary purpose of the Instrument Operator and/or Rodman position is to assist the Land Survey Crew Chief in completing the crew’s assigned field survey projects.
- The position requires good basic math skills related to surveying, good verbal and written communication skills and the motivation to follow instructions completely and accurately while working in rough terrain and inclement weather.
- Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Transmits survey data to proper files in the computer network and acquires data for field use
- Accurately and efficiently clears line, establishes points, tape, chain and level for field survey projects as assigned by Crew Chief
- Keeps crew’s assigned vehicle clean, properly maintained, and stocked with the necessary equipment and supplies as instructed by the Crew Chief. Reports any mechanical or safety related problems to the Crew Chief
- Loads for transportation, cleans and stores field surveying equipment used by the crew
- Communicates and coordinates effectively with other crew members to facilitate the timely and accurate completion of assigned projects
- Observes all safety guidelines and procedures, particularly when working around traffic or on active construction sites
- Accurately identifies the various types of trees encountered while performing field survey work
- Assists in the training of entry level rodmen as requested
- Cuts and clears brush and trees from line of survey
- Stand, walk, use hands, tools, controls, reach with arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as well as lift and/or move up to 50-75 pounds
About Seneca Resources:
- High school diploma preferred or GED diploma
- 1-3 years of experience as an Instrument Operator and/or Rodman a plus
- Alabama residency and land surveying experience preferred
- ALDOT experience is a plus
- This position requires basic knowledge of the use and routine maintenance and cleaning of field surveying equipment. Knowledge of basic math (addition/subtraction, multiplication and division) and the types of measurements related to land surveying including linear, angular, elevations and unit systems conversion
- Familiarity with GPS, Robotic, Total Stations, Data Collectors and Levels a plus
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work extended hours including Saturdays and ability to travel out of town for extended periods of time
- Must be familiar with the basic types of land surveying and terminology, and be knowledgeable about the field duties of an Instrument Operator and/or Rodman
- Valid driver’s license
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.