Survey Crew Chief
Direct hire, full-time
Our client is seeking Survey Crew Chief
candidates for a position located in Birmingham, AL
. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing a survey crew to complete assigned field survey projects.
- Responsible for boundary surveys, topographic surveys, control surveys, construction layout and staking, environmental mapping, GPS/GIS surveys, and land surveying
- Manage client and project team relationships and communication in regards to project expectations, schedule, and budget
- Perform office functions including computations, reduction of field notes, filing, and retrieving prints
- Work in a team environment and on occasion also be willing to work independently
- Conducts proper research to aid in collection of field data
- Perform QA/QC on work completed in the field
- Follows prescribed safety practices for land surveying
About Seneca Resources:
- HS diploma/GED required, Associate's or Bachelor's degree in land surveying, GIS, engineering, or related field preferred
- Alabama residency and land survey experience preferred
- Ability to work as a single-man survey crew
- Proficiency with GPS, Robotic Total Station and Data Collectors equipment required
- AutoCAD and/or Carlson experience preferred
- Trimble software experience preferred
- Ability to read and interpret survey maps, construction plans and utility plans
- Ability to work extended hours including Saturdays and ability to travel out of town for extended periods of time
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.