Our client is seeking Process Engineer
candidates for a position in the automotive industry located in Huntsville, AL
. The ideal candidate will have skills to perform production engineering functions for production processes. Develops, coordinates, and implements manufacturing processes, procedures, and techniques including process improvement activities to improve overall efficiency, product quality, productivity, and profitability in accordance with company and customer requirements.
- Create and manage project budgets.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets for the assigned department, including capital and expense plans and equipment utilization studies.
- Prepare and review feasibility of capital appropriation requests for equipment, tools, new facilities and refurbishment of existing facilities. Negotiate and evaluate equipment cost reductions with equipment supplier.
- Develop process and production preparation plans for new automotive products.
- Includes planning for new equipment, jigs and fixtures, developing specifications, obtaining quotes, purchasing and assisting with the installation by in-house or outside personnel.
- Prepare and update plant layout/process flow as needed for new equipment, new/modified processes and new/revised products, using both manual and automated drafting techniques.
- Set up of equipment, train manufacturing, maintenance staff, and hand over completed process to manufacturing teams.
- Direct plant side activities in conjunction with corporate PE department for new equipment.
- Communicate project status to other departments and manufacturing plants.
- Coordinate equipment modifications including scheduling, part procurement, advanced production planning, maintenance requests, trailing and trouble shooting.
- Perform defect reduction investigations making recommendations for equipment modifications, trailing and qualifications.
- Create, modify, and review process control details relating to new products or product design changes.
- Complete test runs, adjustments, safety checks and capability studies for new/revised equipment, products and processes required by company quality and safety standards.
- Research, develop and implement new manufacturing methods and techniques in order to optimize manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Test cost reduction ideas to ensure no compromises are made in product/process quality, safety or workability - develop countermeasures if necessary.
- Evaluate and analyze costs and techniques of new concepts or applications for manu facturing processes and present relevant data to management for further study.
- Establish preventive maintenance items and frequency.
- Guide and direct implementation of kaizen and cost reduction improvements.
- Prepare, track and implement counter measures against quality, safety and productivity problems.
- Provides technical support to all departments to implement improvements, installations and repairs to ensure safety guidelines and ergonomic principles are observed.
- Maintains specified records, files and documentation.
About Seneca Resources:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related technical field required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of cost structures.
- Able to read component, assembly, and equipment drawings.
- Proven technical competence in applicable major subsystem (i.e. seats, door trim).
- Basic understanding of the industrial equipment and manufacturing processes relating to automotive interiors.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the principles and theories of manufacturing and industrial engineering.
- Must have an understanding of ergonomic principles and company safety procedures, regulations and requirements.
- Must know the requirements and procedures for the start up and introduction of new products into the manufacturing process.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of automotive plants and processes/principles, company products, trade terminology, manufacturing processes, tooling and equipment, and machine operation.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.