Licensed Land Surveyor
Professional Land Surveyor (L.S) Certification in Alabama
Our client is looking for Licensed Lan Surveyor
candidates for a position located in Huntsville, AL
. Our client is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. The survey team is responsible for the production and management of a variety of public & private sector projects, including ALTA surveys, boundary surveys, topographic surveys, hydrographic surveys, aerial imagery, construction layout transportation, and municipal & public works projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work under the direction of a Survey Manager/Group Leader, along with a full survey team;
- Development of boundary solutions, legal document analysis and interpretation, application of proven survey principals in survey product preparations, construction layout, control surveys, environmental mapping, GPS/GIS surveys, survey project cost estimating and proposal preparation
- Compute, process, troubleshoot and map field data in an organized manner
- Perform deed and utility research, run traverse closures, reduce level notes
- Communication with internal and external clients
- Preparation of topographic maps, boundary maps, utility corridor maps, aerial imagery processing
- Assist Survey Manager in developing and growing client base
- Perform QA/QC on all phases of survey production from field to finish
About Seneca Resources:
- A bachelor's degree in Surveying, Geomatics, Engineering, or a scientific area and/or the equivalent work experience;
- Professional Land Surveyor (L.S) certification in Alabama required;
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Survey projects (including site/land development, and boundary);
- Previous exposure to AutoCAD and specifically Civil3D is preferred
- Experience with Carlson Survey Software is preferred
- Experience with Trimble field and office products preferred
- Familiarity with 3D scanning and LiDAR
- MicroStation/Geopak familiarity and Endroads, is a plus
- Microsoft Office experience
- Previous exposure to topographic modeling programs is preferred
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Candidates will have good communication skills, including written, oral and listening, and good interpersonal skills as well as ability to work and interface well in a collaborative project team environment
- Interacts positively and effectively with people in all levels of organizations
- Ability to work extended hours including Saturdays and ability to travel out of town for extended periods of time
- Stand, walk, use hands, tools, controls, reach with arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as well as lift and/or move up to 50-75 pounds.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.