Our client is looking for Machinist
candidates for a position located in Montgomery, AL
. Our client is a manufacturer that provides innovative healthcare products to global customers. The ideal candidate will have experience operating CNC Mills, Lathes, and Grinders in an industrial setting.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate a variety of machines such as lathes, mills, precision grinders, drill presses, etc., to build and produce surgical equipment and related items parts, which cannot be practically manufactured on a production basis.
- You will work from blueprints, plans methods and sequences of machining to produce parts as needed.
- You will lay out parts for successive machining operations, perform complicated set ups, improvise tooling when standard tooling cannot be utilized, and determines machine speeds and feeds.
- Consistent proficiency in setting up and effectively operating a multitude of CNC and Conventional machines such as Mills, Lathes, Grinders etc., while effectively maintaining the specified print tolerances noted.
- Calculate and set machine controls to regulate machining repeatability such as speeds, feeds, overrides.
- Read and interpret blueprints, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) including written process documents, travelers, and other working documents.
- Use precision measuring devices, gages, instruments to thoroughly inspect and insure that parts meet the print tolerances and in process dimensions.
- Remain safety conscious at all times, wearing all the required safety equipment for your work area.
- Conform to all safety rules and policies stated in the employee handbook.
- Keep and maintain a clean and orderly work environment while instituting the 5S principles of Lean Manufacturing.
- Immediately report any and all safety related issues, irregularities, and discrepancies relating to job functions and assignments.
About Seneca Resources:
- High school graduate or GED required, technical degree preferred.
- Minimum two years machinist experience preferred.
- Ability to set-up and operate CNC and conventional Lathes and Mills.
- Ability to read and interpret current engineering blueprints and production specifications.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments and gages such as calipers and micrometers.
- Strong math skills and the ability to apply them.
- Ability to make decisions and stay quality focused
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and members of the leadership team
- Assist with training other operators.
- Ability to understand and follow work instructions, both written and oral.
- Ability to adapt to conditions as dictated by business requirements.
- Ability to work with others.
- Willingness to work overtime, if required.
- Knowledge, understanding and application of Lean Manufacturing tools, such as, 5S, Kanban Inventory, Visual Management, Waste elimination, and Root Cause Problem Solving are preferred.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.