Our client is looking for Weld Technician
candidates for a position located in Birmingham, AL
. Our client is an automotive supplier looking for an individual to provide technical welding support to their Assembly Maintenance Department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies
- Follow and comply with all operational procedures/policies as stated in the employee Environmental Health and Safety programs
- Follow and comply with all plant safety standards including LOTO
- Set up weld equipment/machinery by installing/testing weld tips, fixtures, tooling and other parts as required
- Performs general/preventative maintenance on equipment to ensure acceptable weld quality standards and start-up requirements
- Cleans and changes weld tips/weld set-ups
- Responsible for programming of welding programs/stepper programs
- Responsible to document necessary changes made to weld schedules
- Perform Weld Failure Investigations and trouble-shoot and/or make necessary adjustments to attain acceptable welds.
- Complete the process by follow-up with UT/Destruct group
- Reviews weld tips to ensure proper tip dress and cap face size
- Basic robotics operation
- Basic electrical circuit troubleshooting
- Responsible for keeping adequate quantities of all resistance welding supplies stocked on the lines
- Maintain safety standards of equipment and work area and perform all duties in a safe manner in accordance with the safety policies
- Provides technical support for a specific welding system during the introduction of new models
- Ensures proper entries are made into the Maintenance CMS for line calls/preventative maintenance check
- Proactively supports/initiates corrective measures to weld control issues
- Ensure new parts get ordered when necessary (e.g. new tips, tip holders, cables and water tubes)
- Return unused parts back to the tool crib to keep the correct stock levels once troubleshooting is complete.
- Must have general knowledge on electrical theory and troubleshooting
About Seneca Resources:
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Ability to use electrical testing and troubleshooting equipment
- Must have general mechanical knowledge
- Must have an eye for attention to detail
- Ability to identify solutions to problems using data, visual inspections, and maintenance best practices
- Must be able to effectively use verbal and written communications.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.