Our client is seeking Millwright
candidates for a position in the automotive industry located in Birmingham, AL
- Follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies.
- Understand and promote Magna’s philosophies (Magna Operational Principles, Corporate Constitution and Employee’s Charter).
- Follow and comply with all plant safety standards including LOTO
- Must have a solid ability to read technical manuals, schematics, and blueprints. Must be able to trouble shoot, remove, disassemble, rebuild, reinstall, and order parts for the following systems: Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Pump Systems
- Must have a solid ability to manipulate, troubleshoot & maintain adhesive systems
- Understand and perform the Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) system and work within its guidelines.
- Must be able to utilize the TIG, MIG, and ARC Welders as well as oxygen and acetylene torches.
- Must be able to utilize the milling machine and lathe.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Must have the ability to make decisions, concerning maintenance operations.
- Must have good housekeeping practices.
- Must keep in production a fully mechanical automated assembly line, and all the auxiliary equipment which is relation to the line. Implementation of a preventative maintenance program is also carried out on all mechanical assembly line equipment. Other duties include maintenance of underground conveyor system.
- General overseeing of plant equipment. The manufacturing of parts for the machine.
- Utilizes various cutting tool machines and welding equipment.
- Adjusts & repairs automotive manufacturing equipment, repairs and services, and test equipment using hand tools and power tools.
- Disassembles & rebuilds defective equipment as well as replaces defective parts, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, etc.
- May specialize in repairing specific manufacturing equipment, and equipment that is not specific to the manufacturing process.
- Troubleshooting and modification to maintain uptime, make modifications to improve efficiency and reliability of equipment and its systems. Oversee modifications by internal and external resources for process changes, new models and expansion.
- Optimize/upgrade or change equipment based on safety, quality, or production requirements.
- Must be proficient in MIG welding
- Must be able to lay-out and build various steel projects from a print and be able to offer ideas for projects
- Ensure new parts get ordered or return unused parts back to the correct stock location.
- Promotes good housekeeping (5S)
- Perform other duties as required
About Seneca Resources:
- Must have general knowledge on electrical theory and troubleshooting
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Ability to use electrical testing and troubleshooting equipment
- Must have general mechanical knowledge
- Must have an eye for attention to detail
- Ability to identify solutions to problems using data, visual inspections, and maintenance best practices
- Must be able to effectively use verbal and written communications.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.