Application System Administrator
The Bronx, New York
Contract to Hire
Our client is looking for Application System Administrator
candidates for a position located in The Bronx, New York
. Application System Administrator to work on-site in a Communications Center in The Bronx with occasional shifts in Brooklyn.
This position is to assist in providing technical support to the NYPD Computer Aided Dispatch 9-1-1 system. Candidate will be working at the customer site directly. The role is focused on a Public Safety 9-1-1 system,
- Under minimal supervision, organizes, coordinates and participates in the support of CAD to meet internal and external customer objectives
- Provides expertise, support, assistance, ad-hoc consulting and guidance to the customer
- Independently performs responsible analytical work in support of the system
- Coordinate with other support personnel when resolving user issues.
- Prior experience with a Windows client/server environment is required
- Prior experience with SQL Server 2017 (or recent version), including experience with SQL Server AlwaysOn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills are required
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, or closely related experience is preferred
- Comfortable working face to face with customers
- Must be detail oriented
- Able to analyze a customer's current business processes and recommend best practice solutions
- Strong customer service skills are required
- Ability to create detailed documentation, specific to customer workflow when required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to analyze complex problems evaluate alternatives and make sound independent decisions within established guidelines
- Must be able to pass and maintain favorable background check.
- Public Safety solution related software.
- Prior experience in public safety/security dispatching environment
- Call center IT systems support.