Purchasing Specialist – MRO Buyer
Our client is a major automotive manufacturing company looking to add a Purchasing Specialist to their team. The ideal candidate will have 5 years of experience in the automotive industry.
- Maintains job responsibilities of programs assigned along with any additional responsibilities assigned by Manager
- Good negotiation skills, able to consider all opportunities and options both short and long range when putting a deal together
- Self-starter, self-motivated, aggressive, proactive doesn’t require a lot of direction
- Good computer skills, ability to use spreadsheets to analyze data ability to make a correct decision with this data
- Able to analyze data and prepare output for others review that is clear and easy for everyone to understand
- Express your opinions and concerns openly to management
- Good working relationship with all departments, initiate meetings with engineering to understand new part concepts and design concerns Initiate PDCT meetings
- Understands the “system” and “process” of sourcing strategy, supplier panel establishment, cost reduction strategy, cost reduction performance calculations & reconciliation, material economics, foreign exchange, benchmarking, PDCT, etc...
- Supplier management knows supplier quality rating (PPM and cause and countermeasure); supplier delivery condition; financial condition; cost reduction performance; market share; etc...
- Communicates supplier issues (quality, delivery, financial, etc) with management when appropriate
- Good product knowledge and understanding of your commodities (part content, part function, raw materials, part benchmark data, and other suppliers for these type parts)Team player, dedicated, always gives 100% effort Wants things done correctly
- Always has an answer, solution or a suggested course of action before communicating a problem, issue or question to management
- Able to communicate in a positive manner to suppliers when trying to explain or express a difficult issue Ability to keep suppliers relaxed and comfortable with KNA’s policy, procedure and direction
- Support the implementation, achievement, and maintenance of the Quality and Environmental Policies and Procedures
- Authorities for an employee are granted by means of work instructions, policies and procedures and/or direction provided by management to meet the requirements of the customer
About Seneca Resources:
- 5 years automotive experience
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- One year or more of purchasing, engineering, logistics or manufacturing related experience
- Above average computer skills Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Good communication skills, ability to express self in a clear concise manner, brief, but able to get message across.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.