Administrator – Business Intelligence
Our client is looking for Administrator – Business Intelligence
candidates for a remote position with a company located in Birmingham, AL
. This is a system administrator role that supports the platform and associated tools with the enterprise data warehouse. Under supervision, this position will maintain and troubleshoot SAP Business Objects, Tableau, Talend and Informatica with three other system administrators. This position will perform system administrator related duties to maximize the productivity of the development teams that are dependent on these systems.
- Experience administering SAP Business Objects and/or Tableau Business Intelligence tools in a Windows environment, including user and group security. This includes building out new environments, testing, performing upgrades, metadata migrations, and working with vendors.
- Experience with Informatica PowerCenter Server in a Unix environment, AIX preferred, and the Informatica client in a Windows environment including upgrades and regular maintenance.
- Experience administering Talend Server in a Linux environment including upgrades and regular maintenance. This includes managing the various components of a Talend environment and ensuring that it is synchronized.
- Monitors daily Informatica and Talend ETL jobs, checking and resolving errors and assist in identifying and resolving issues.
- Provides assistance to end users and BI developers regarding data warehouse related problems and issues
- Monitors Tableau and BusinessObjects server environments to ensure the maximum uptime and performance of the tool sets
- Adds new users to BI tools according to the EDW security policy to new projects
- Develops monitoring mechanisms in his/her responsible environment to prevent unnecessary downtime
- Assist developers in a responsive manner for performance issues related to their projects
- Acts as team lead for environment upgrades in Tableau, Talend, BusinessObjects, and Informatica
- Effectively communicates pending system changes to user community in a clear and concise manner
- Monitors scheduled BusinessObjects and Tableau extracts / reports and tracks under-performing components.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.