Project Manager - Transmission
Our client is seeking Project Manager
candidates for a position in the utility industry located in Tallahassee, FL
. The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for estimating, scheduling, and project management of master service agreements and site-specific projects for distribution and transmission construction. PM’s are responsible for establishing and maintaining positive relationships with clients while ensuring field operations are supplied with pertinent contractual information necessary to perform all work per specifications in a safe, cost effective, and timely manner. The PM is expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently.
- Manage projects and master service agreements in accordance with Policies and Procedures.
- Manage internal and external client expectations and ensure effective business relationships are in place.
- Provide aspects of contract negotiation, change order identification, submittal and approval, administration, and establish the means to execute the contract to include management of subcontractors and material procurement.
- Develop and provide effective change control and risk management processes.
- As necessary, develop estimates and proposals for site specific projects and master service agreements.
- Conduct effective contractual meetings (contract kickoff, progress meetings, safety meetings, etc.).
- Provide meaningful performance related feedback/input to appropriate operations and field management members.
- Provide contract reporting and status for field operations, management, and to the customer, e.g. construction schedules, resource forecasts, cost forecasts, etc.
- Provide accurate monthly financial reporting with adequate backup for management, internal and external accounting.
- Manage effective financial controls to ensure profitability and expected cash flow on all projects and master service agreements.
- Manage and support of emergency and storm restoration events.
- EH&S and Quality programs when applicable
About Seneca Resources:
- 4-year college degree preferably in engineering, construction management, or business management
- Minimum of 2 years of project management experience, preferably in the utility construction industry
- Detailed knowledge of project management fundamentals, preferably within the electrical construction industry
- Proficiency with Primavera P6 planning & scheduling software is preferred
- Demonstrated skills in written communications; ability to compose basic as well as complex technical documents, formal letters, invoices
- Demonstrated skills in oral communications; ability to make presentations to both small and large, diverse groups
- High energy level with the ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with a bias for action
- Proven success in developing and maintaining internal and external relationships while effectively navigating organizational barriers
- High commitment to achieving goals and plans
- Organizational, planning and time management skills
- Demonstrated negotiating and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of project accounting practices and financial systems
- General understanding of Fixed Price, Time & Materials, Cost Plus and Unit contract pricing mechanisms
- Working knowledge of the techniques needed to lead and influence others in a matrix organization
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Willingness and flexibility to travel within the state of operations, or sometimes outside the state.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.