Help Desk Technician
Our client is looking for Help Desk Technician
candidates for a position located in Huntsville, AL.
Key Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Researches, resolves, and responds to complex questions received via telephone calls regarding telephone, wiring, hardware, software applications, or system issues. Resolves the problem on line, routes the call to the appropriate support person, or opens a work order.
- Provides expert and creative solutions to user problems to ensure user satisfaction and productivity.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of relevant product offerings, current support policies, and methods of support delivery, in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- Enhances and develops quality support methods and communication skills through coaching, feedback and other developmental approaches.
- Monitors work orders and create reports as necessary.
- Visits departments within zones on a regular basis to respond to any outstanding issues or training needs.
- Schedules, advertises, registers, and conducts classes that meet the needs of the Huntsville Hospital Network users.
- Promotes computer training at all opportunities, i.e. orientation, Plus Class, scheduled classes, individual training, etc.
- Develops related course materials to meet the users specific needs.
- Maintains e-mail and scheduling accounts.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis in Computer Science
Equivalent experience may be accepted in lieu of degree
- Extensive customer service experience required. Health field experience desirable.
- Previous help desk experience preferred.
- Extensive experience with Windows 95/98/2000 and MS Office products required.
About Seneca Resources:
- Work effectively in stressful situations.
- Effectively handle prioritizing issues.
- Must possess positive customer service skills, advanced communication skills, and problem solving skills. Extensive knowledge of several office automation products, such as word processor, mail systems, spreadsheets, and Microsoft windows.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.