Our client is seeking Quality Engineer
candidates for a position in the automotive industry located in Birmingham, AL
- Evaluate, implement and monitor processes and operating systems for the manufacture of ceramic products. Create/edit/maintain necessary documentation.
- Equipment calibration and maintenance monitoring.
- Assess the availability of raw materials and their safety and environmental impact of the facility.
- Support the conversion of small-scale processes into commercially viable large-scale operations.
- Monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting data from other technical and operating personnel.
- Work closely with other specialists (including scientists) for quality control of raw materials.
- Assume responsibility for safety/environmental issues and ongoing performance of processes.
- Developing test protocols, dimensional inspection/functional testing and documenting test results of incoming products compared with OEM.
- Performing part installation fit-ups when necessary to test products.
- Root cause analysis by inspecting warranty returns for defects and determining correction action.
- First article sample inspection / approval prior to first production run.
- Submitting corrective action reports to vendors as necessary.
About Seneca Resources:
- 2-4 years or more of automotive Quality Engineering work experience
- Stable work history
- Knowledge and hands on work experience with APQP, PPAP, 5Y and 8D quality steps and processes
- Knowledge and work experience with Honda is high preferred
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.