Engineering Lab Technician
Contract To Hire
Our client is looking for Engineering Lab Technician
candidates for a position in Birmingham, AL
Our client is an automotive supplier and this position is responsible and accountable for all processing analysis involving the anodize tanks and waste water treatment.
Work Experience and Qualifications:
- The Lab Tech position will process all analysis, be responsible for review the results, making recommendations and problem solving.
- Overseesall laboratory activities
- Tests for chemical and physical characteristics, analyze findings, makes recomendations, problem solves and writes reports
- Performs metallurgical analyses on a wide range of materials and finished company products
- Will include the manufacture of chemical(s) from basic materials and substances through a controlled change process
- Develop processes to separate components of liquids or gases.
- Determines if materials and finished products meet specifications, and ensures that manufacturing procedures are followed, and takes the initiative to me needed corrections
- Record product and processing data as needed
- Utilizes knowledge and technology to identify, solve, or minimize environmental problems associated with waste treatment of an anodizing line
- Performs a variety of task to work in designing, installing, operating, and maintaining measuring mechanisms necessary to determine the level of pollutants
- Ascertains levels of pollution and recommends appropriate action to management to assure compliance with federal, state and municipal legislation and regulations regarding environmental control
- Perform analysis on existing equipment using sound principles and reliability
- Assist in minor repair and maintain equipment, objects, or parts, using hand tools.
- Develop safety procedures to be employed by workers operating equipment or working in close proximity to on-going chemical reactions.
- Perform daily tank titrations.
- Requires a background in industrial lab work and analysis
- Must have at least 2 years experience working in an industrial laboratory environment
- Waste water experience is a plus
- Must have a strong knowledge of chemistry and lab procedures
- Past experience with plating, galvanizing, chrome and/or nickel is a plus
- Effective interpersonal and written communication is required
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and team member relations
- Quality orientation and attention to detail
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong team player
About Seneca Resources:
- Must have an Associate’s Degree
- Any relevant education and/or training will be considered a plus
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Texas, and Florida that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.