Provide supervision of designated wood-frame, Multifamily project(s) to ensure that project(s) are delivered within budget and schedule while building and maintaining a lasting relationship with clients, design team professionals, and subcontractors.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Teaches and mentors the project team on construction methods; sequences and proposes creative solutions to field problems; oversees controls.
- Serves as a resource to the project manager when course correction is needed.
- Ensures overall QA/QC compliance and takes any action necessary to minimize risk.
- Promotes safety culture to clients.
Leadership & Organization
- Serves as a project team mentor.
- Develops team organizational chart and secures resources needed for project success.
- Maintains overall project organization; mentor and trains team and sets expectations.
- Resolve internal staff problems as needed.
- Accountable for all communication; approves and reviews all critical or legal notices, letters, emails, etc.
- Leads team schedule process.
- Ensures procurement schedule is met to support construction schedule.
- Able to understand and identify schedule keys and rules of thumb from other projects and how to evaluate and plan for; proactive milestone management.
- Ensures that transition meetings (operations and preconstruction) occur.
- Understands and practices strategic planning.
- Mentors and assists team in solving problems, can adjust planning to changes or impacts, and can creatively overcome.
Risk Management & Problem Solving
- Performs the final review and approval of subcontracts prior to issuance.
- Mentors subordinates to write subcontracts, purchase orders, and change orders.
- Assists in negotiating terms and conditions of owner contracts.
- Minimizes the negotiated changes to subcontract form with approval of higher authority.
- Mentors team members to identify risk and properly documents to avoid it.
- Oversees and manages all risk items on the project including contracts, change orders, impacts/delays, notices, and letters.
- Can identify risk ahead of time and establish processes to mitigate and manage; understands “red flags” and key indicators and trains team on these; can resolve project risk issues to satisfaction.
- Ensures that subcontract, purchase orders, and change orders are reviewed and well--written.
- Can develop and manage general conditions that are achievable by team.
- Reviews accuracy of project team reports.
- Mentors team members on complex cost issues; can resolve to satisfactory position.
- Given support staff, manages that staff to bid a project with preconstruction personnel.
- Participates in Value Engineering process which maximizes benefits to Client and minimizes risk.
- During and post project, proactively maintains positive relationship with client to nurture relationships.
- During and post project, proactively maintain s positive relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
- During and post project, maintains ability to participate in sales activities with some preparation.
- Able to quickly learn and adapt to clients’ driven data systems (cost reporting, etc.)
- Champions use of systems by all team members and enforces compliance.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education / Certification
Related Degree and/or Experience
Recommended Work Experience
7 to 20 years
Recommended Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Office, scheduling software, internet, and project management software; Knowledge of industry trends, innovations, market, and geography; Knowledge of corporate and industry practices, processes, and standards; Highly skilled in communication, public relations, organization, teamwork, accuracy, attention to detail, time management, conflict resolution, cost management, training, forecasting, and management of others.
Considerable local and non-local travel required; Work with or lead a group and/or team; Frequent conflict situations may be present; Work after normal business hours.