Data Center technician
Direct hire, full time
Our client is seeking Data Center Technician
candidates for a position located in Birmingham, AL
. The ideal candidate will have 5 years of critical data center experience and be a certified Electrician or HVAC.
- Responsible for monitoring, operating, maintaining, and repairing mechanical, electrical, and other building equipment in the data center facility.
- Demonstrates professional competency in performing multidisciplinary engineering activities directly related to the plant/facilities operating environment without any disruption of service.
- Reports to the Data Center Facilities Manager (DCFM) and completes assigned projects and maintenance tasks.
- Works in full cooperation and harmony with other data center facilities and IT staff to assure continuous uninterrupted data center operation.
- ‘Hands on’ position working with electrical and mechanical service tools and diagnostic equipment.
- Utilize computers to answer emails, input payroll information, take online training, work with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and research work related information on the internet.
About Seneca Resources:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Technical Institute Diploma or equivalent trade school, military training; or work experience in an engineering discipline
- Five years of experience working in a sensitive data processing environment or other critical facilities
- Valid government issued driver’s license and driving record clear of offenses
- Willingness to work in confined spaces and/or on elevated platforms and ladders
- Knowledge of building codes (electrical, plumbing, Heating/Ventilating & Air Conditioning [HVAC], and building)
- Experience in troubleshooting and repair of equipment
- Experience using hand tools and power equipment
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Industrial electrical experience preferred
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.