Our client is looking for Process Engineer
candidates for a position located in McCalla, Alabama
. Our client is a leading automotive supplier specializing in the development, design and manufacture of interior components for the automobile industry.
- Participate in APQP Team as Process Engineering representative.
- Determine best method to salvage non-conforming material.
- Review process for material savings, scrap reduction, material –handling reduction, and operator efficiency improvements, making recommendations, and implementing upon approval.
- Develop new production methods using engineering fundamentals.
- Develop and implement new production equipment to improve quality of product, improve efficiency and reduce scrap.
- Develop plant layout to improve process flow and minimize material handling.
- Formulate, update and enter Bill of Materials software system.
- Conduct capacity studies.
- Develop internal quotations for new products as needed.
- Program water jets.
- Develop the DFMEA, DFM/A and other engineering disciplines if specified by the customer.
Education / Experience / Skills:
- Receive, catalog, and store production parts and quotes for engineering drawings.
- Responsible for storing Customer Supplied labels used for samples, or non-production run products.
- Review quarterly records for expiration of retention and review with Manufacturing Engineering Manager before disposal.
- Assist in training new employees on operation of equipment.
About Seneca Resources:
- BS in Engineering or High School diploma 3 years Industrial Process related experience.
- Automotive plant experience desired but not required.
- Experience in layout and process flow required.
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Ability to read, write and follow written and verbal instructions.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.