Our client is seeking Quality Engineer
candidates for a position located in Birmingham, AL
. The selected candidate is responsible for analyzing and assessing field returns and in-process non-confirming product. He/she conducts root cause analysis and implements corrective actions to address the defects identified and to discern quality defect patterns associated with a specific product, component or manufacturing process. The position may pull and quarantine product when warranted and will work to continuously improve QA product testing, troubleshooting, and design. Sets up standards of quality and performance, measures progress.
- Evaluate, implement and monitor processes and operating systems for the manufacture of ceramic products. Create/edit/maintain necessary documentation.
- Equipment calibration and maintenance monitoring.
- Assess the availability of raw materials and their safety and environmental impact of the facility.
- Support the conversion of small-scale processes into commercially viable large-scale operations.
- Monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting data from other technical and operating personnel.
- Work closely with other specialists (including scientists) for quality control of raw materials.
- Assume responsibility for safety/environmental issues and ongoing performance of processes.
- Developing test protocols, dimensional inspection / functional testing and documenting test results of incoming products compared with OEM.
- Performing part installation fit-ups when necessary to test products.
- Root cause analysis by inspecting warranty returns for defects and determining correction action.
- First article sample inspection / approval prior to first production run.
- Submitting corrective action reports to vendors as necessary.
About Seneca Resources:
- Lead Corrective Action (Fast Response Corrective Actions) teams in non-reversible corrective actions including help to design and prevent defects from occurring.
- Perform Supplier Assessment Audits for new and existing suppliers
- Basic skills in business economics and time and motion studies
- Knowledge of OSHA and workplace health & safety programs
- Knowledge and understanding of TS quality systems, VDA 16 Decorative Surfaces & 5S.
- Understanding of MOBIS, ASN, EDI, material handling, inventory and logistics.
- Represents the company in a positive manner to customers and vendors to develop working relationships, solve problems and successfully negotiate discrepancies.
- Must have 2-4 years experience working in an automotive and/or manufacturing environment.
- Must have at least 1 year working in a metals (aluminum/manufacturing environment).
- Strong knowledge and skills in statistics and/or QC tools inspections methods, CAD, GD&T and APQP.
- Quality orientation and attention to detail.
- Problem analysis and resolution.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong team player/leader.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.