Our client is seeking Network Analyst
candidates for a position located in Birmingham, AL
. The selected candidate will assist all aspects of the Telecommunications vulnerability management program.
- Responsible for the ongoing administration of voice technologies and network systems that includes telephone station hardware/software changes, voice system software upgrades, traffic analysis, network infrastructure and reporting.
- Analyze hardware and software configurations.
- Perform continuous inventory of hardware devices, prepare and receive shipments of new equipment, and stage equipment for configuration.
- Organize and clean inventory areas, and ensure inventory areas are kept clean.
- Install and support remote sites including home network users and new offices.
- Manages network and data projects including site remodels for networks and phones.
- Analyze network characteristics (e.g. traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput), troubleshoot problems and recommend procurement of and/or modifications to network components.
- Conduct network and telecommunications system incident and problem investigation and diagnostics.
- Identify and document workaround solutions for errors.
- Apply workaround solutions per documented methods and procedures.
- Perform network system backups per documented methods and procedures.
- Monitor network and telecommunications system performance and respond to anomalies and issues according to documented procedures.
- Build network and telecommunications systems for deployment and conduct testing of equipment prior to deployment.
- Create and maintain network and telecommunications system diagrams and configuration documentation.
About Seneca Resources:
- 3+ years of professional experience supporting a large network and telecom environment, including design and implementation.
- Strong technical knowledge in the areas of data networking, IP Telephony and TDM voice technologies. This includes firewalls, load balancers, WAN acceleration, and proxies.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and customer support skills.
- Ability to document system solutions and follow outlined processes.
- Experience with Cisco IOS and ASA.
- Strongly prefer experience with Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity, and Cisco Contact Center.
- Experience with telecommunication equipment, data & phone cabling, network security, wireless technologies, and familiarization with all Windows operating systems.
- Experience with the following computer applications is required: Word, Excel, & Visio.
- This position MUST be conducted on-site at the Brock Service Center facility.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.