Our client is seeking Network Engineer
candidates for a position located in Birmingham, AL
. The selected candidate will manage all aspects of the Telecommunications vulnerability management program.
- Accountable for operational integrity and deployment of production and corporate network infrastructure.
- Serve as the lead engineer responsible for planning and implementation of new locations and campus expansion.
- Work with various teams to help introduce new technologies across the organization.
- Ensure connectivity and bandwidth for 13,000+ corporate employees.
- Ensure accurate monitoring, logging, metrics, and alerting of network connectivity.
- Support network issues from wireless access to transit.
- Management of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Document network infrastructure.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Participate in technical decisions to improve the network landscape.
- Help create and improve both existing and future alerting and monitoring systems.
- Develop and optimize processes and documentation.
- Perform network configuration changes and optimizations across a multi-vendor, multi-protocol environment.
- Work on performance measurement to ensure improved efficiency.
- Provide solutions based on high level requirements gathered from internal customers and partners teams.
- Drive high level strategy for larger and/or complex deployments.
- Collaborate with other network engineers in order to create and maintain best practices across the team.
- Actively review deployed technologies, performance, capacity, and SLA's from a strategic point of view and make recommendations that ultimately spawn new projects for the team.
- Attend meeting and work with project teams.
About Seneca Resources:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, IT, Business, or related field required with5 years of related experience. Work experience may substitute for education requirements.
- Hands-on, advanced experience deploying and operating large enterprise networks. This includes experience with enterprise class firewalls, routers, switches, VPN (IPSEC, SSL), load balancers, and wireless.
- Advanced competence in troubleshooting IP routing/switching technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, MPLS, IPsec, GRE, MPLS and their best practices.
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP network protocols including common application protocols.
- Advanced understanding of 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax radio technologies, including implementation experience.
- Experience managing VoIP and Video Conferencing technologies, architectures, and implementations.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.