IT Project Manager
Contract to hire
Our client is looking for IT Project Manager
candidates for a position located in Birmingham, Alabama
- Responsible for assembling project plans and work papers, monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, performing quality review and escalating functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans when necessary to meet project objectives.
- Responsible for adherence to project and business governance standards and methodologies.
- Coordinates communication with all project team members and affected business units.
- Manages one or more cross-functional projects.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- PMP certification would be a preferred addition to the above educational/experience requirements.
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably managing IT related initiatives.
- Solid functional background related to IT initiatives with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development or systems administration.
- Strong demonstrated leadership of direct and indirect teams and all of the associated leadership, mentoring and supervisory skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills including a high level of attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Exceptional working knowledge of MS Office applications, most notably Project, Power-point and Excel.
- Ability to be a technical strategic thought leader as well as a “hands on" implementer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- History of analyzing business requirements and translating them to technical specification.