Full Time, Direct Hire
Our client is looking for Controls/Automation Specialist
candidates for a position located in Cullman, Alabama
. As a leading manufacturer of products for heating and plumbing systems, our client is looking to add an individual to their team to design and modify electrical schematics, develop PLC and HMI code, and troubleshoot existing equipment.
- Lead cross functional teams in a collaborative environment to identify and develop request for proposal packages for new and modified equipment.
- Manages, designs, and implements both capital and CI investments from beginning to end.
- Designs and builds automation equipment.
- Develops Capital Expenditure justification on projects and manage approved budget.
- Provides advanced technical assistance and resolution when controls or engineering issues are encountered.
- Identifies opportunities for improvements and implements solutions while standardizing and documenting the solutions.
- Optimize control equipment to become more reliable and production/maintenance friendly.
- Develops upgrade plans for obsolescent equipment controls and automation components.
- Supports program modifications for a centralized data collection system (SCADA).
- Benchmarks and implements new technology in partnership with company vision.
- Selects the controls equipment to complete system design and support system development.
- Communicates frequently with internal and external customers and suppliers regarding various equipment reliability issues.
- Must understand the rules and conditions of automation systems, safety controls and electronic equipment operation.
- Assists with the construction and installation of ultramodern, process-controlled, high-tech installations of manufacturing equipment.
- Maintains documentation in a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
About Seneca Resources:
- An associate degree in electrical or industrial automation preferred.
- Proficient with computers, PLC programming, motor controls and power distribution including three phase electricity controls and components.
- Knowledgeable in Allen Bradley, Siemens, and other programming software.
- Knowledge of AC and DC motor systems including VFD installation and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and ability to assemble troubleshoot and rebuild Electrical, Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Mechanical Systems and their related components with strong emphases on the Electrical / Controls side.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and ladder logic.
- Experience programming Allen-Bradley PLC, Guard Logix, HMIs, and Motion Controls and/or Siemens S5 and S7, Fanuc Motion Control, Epson robots
- Knowledge of Functional Safety Circuits and Safety Standards for industry.
- Strong problem-solving and proven project management ability.
- Self-motivated and dependable team player with business maturity, enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Knowledge and experience with 6S and Lean Manufacturing principles, workflow and operational procedures.
- Must possess solid leadership qualities, including team building with excellent oral & written communications skills.
- Wise decision-making working independently, within a team, or leading a team.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.