Business Continuous Resiliency Services (BCRS)
12 month Contract
Our client is looking for candidates with experience with Business Continuous Resiliency Services (BCRS), DB2, and z/OS. The tasks assigned will mainly focus on zSeries Modernization, so the chosen person will need to be proficient in z.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Estimating and recommending the resource needs to support planned software/hardware upgrades.
- Verifying the correct operation of z/OS operating system and subsystems.
- Validating correct performance of features supporting the Data Centers Parallel Sysplex.
- Analyzing the Sysplex configuration for proper performance by studying appropriate RMF reports.
- Identifying the workload delayed, and the reason for the delay.
- Identifying performance problems, evaluating appropriate cost-effective changes, predicting the effect of those changes, and then implementing them.
- Defining and adjusting WLM performance goals of workloads based on business needs.
- Analyzing I/O configuration and subsystems considering the performance implication of the interactions of the components.
- Defining and implementing WLM service definitions based on SLA and following Change Control process.
- Customizing RMF facilities to monitor workload performance and resource utilization.
- Analyzing WLM and adjusting WLM service policy following Change Control process.
- Using RMF III Interactive Performance Analysis to isolate and fix system degradation problems.
- At least five years working knowledge of internal working knowledge of z/OS and systems such as DB2, CICS, MQ, and CFs.
- Working knowledge of JCL, SAS and REXX or Python highly desirable.
- Assists with research through review of assigned aspects of Mainframe operating system (OS), firmware, and Independent Software Vendor's (ISV) product upgrade packages under general/moderate review by higher level System Administrator. Provides findings with supporting details to Lead for review and determination. Supports roll-outs and testing of upgrades and new product installs to various environments, as directed. Develops roll-out schedules, with assistance. Serves as backup on assigned ISV products. Begins to peer review others work for validation. May lead less complex projects. Begins to develop and interpret technical specifications.
- May modify existing communications rules within native or third-party applications. Understands set up of communication channels. Monitors communications paths and pulls capacity reports for higher level review and assessment.
- Collects and reports data needed by higher level System Administrators in capacity and resource planning and management.
Bachelor’s degree desired
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.