Director of Software Engineering
Our client is looking for Director of Software Engineering
candidates for a position located in Birmingham, AL
. The Director of Software Engineering is responsible for end-to-end software development and quality assurance for the SR platform. This includes the design, development, configuration and on-going sustainment to ensure successful execution.
- B.S. Degree in Computing Science, Technology Management, Engineering is preferred
About Seneca Resources:
- Provide hands-on leadership, coaching, and mentoring for full-stack development teams in an agile environment.
- Provide technical leadership, insights, and motivation to multiple scrum teams and individual contributors, working towards delivering reliable, high quality software solutions, writing impeccable software, and delivering on time with required operational efficiency.
- Lead, guide, and direct product development from design to delivery while providing hands-on technical guidance, mentoring, and leadership in full stack development
- Collaborate effectively with the product management team to manage, prioritize and execute against the product roadmap
- Understand the business value, market strategy, overall architecture, performance, risks, etc., to effectively support the product roadmap (e.g. making recommendations on staffing, 3rd party software, etc.) with focus on increasing customer satisfaction
- Lead the development of methods and processes for key development areas such as architecture, design reviews, work breakdown, code reviews, quality metrics and others
- Effectively manage and communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion; proactively manage changes in scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise team members and contractors, promoting accountability for assigned work; mentor team members on career growth and technical skill advancement
- Encourage innovation, outside-the-box thinking, and teamwork; instill a mindset of continuous improvement
- Foster a culture of transparency and accountability, optimal individual contribution, and teamwork
- Communicate effectively across the organization - from developer to executive
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.