DB2 Database Administrator with IBM Optim
Our client is looking for DB2 Database Administrator with IBM Optim
candidates for a Remote position. The DBA’s role is responsible of all iSeries databases in the organization. The primary responsibilities would be owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within defined SLA’s and respond to database related alerts and escalations. Experience with IBM OPTIM – data Archiving product highly desired.
- 5+ years as a multi-platform IT database administrator, designer, developer or architect on IBM iSeries.
- Proficiency in IBM i, RPG and SQL.
- Hands-on programming experience with DDL, Stored Procedures, SQL and Triggers on iSeries.
- Expertise in database implementation using proper data modeling and normalization principles.
- Strong background in database performance analysis and tuning in an IBM i environment.
- Good understanding of DDS physical and logical file objects.
- Good understanding of DDL tables, views and index objects.
- Proficient With IBM OPTIM – Data Archiving and Discovery Modules
- Excellent communication skills
About Seneca Resources:
- Determine need and create new indexes to improve performance
- Review table, I/O and encapsulation designs
- Ensure data integrity on all tables
- Design data archive purges on tables – Using IBM Optim Software
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.