Network Engineer (Active Secret Clearance)
Active Secret Clearance
6 months Contract to Hire
Our client is looking for Network Engineer (Active Secret Clearance)
candidates for a position located in Huntsville, AL
. The team supports the development of designs and network planning as well as the implementation and validation of network communication systems.
- Design, develop, integrate, test and implement through the Product life cycle for incorporating changes identified by Program personnel
- Includes analysis of change requests and requirements for new or upgraded Product capabilities, systems design, COTS/GOTS integration, and procedures needed to meet and mitigate requirements changes.
- Must be able to resolve technically challenging issues and proactively contribute to the evolution of the Product
- Design, develop, configure, integrate, install and test network systems primarily consisting of Cisco, UNIX, Linux and Windows based LAN/WANs
- Derive system-level requirements from architectural guidelines and project objectives
- Develop detailed designs with supporting implementation, test and transition plans
- Usher proposed system changes through the Configuration Management process to successful implementation and delivery to the Customer/Operator
- Develop and maintain documentation supporting the Product through development, integration, deployment and delivery to the customer/operator
- Work within and across teams to support and coordinate daily integration activities
- Create and update Visio drawings of network and rack elevation diagrams
- Execute root cause analysis to troubleshoot and resolve complex network system issues
- Support UNIX, Linux and Windows based networked systems
- Work with vendor support for hardware issues
- Interface with DISA
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in a Math, Science, Engineering or related field with 5 years’ experience; 3 years’ experience with a Master’s Degree.
- TCP/IP networks (copper and fiber)
- Hands-on experience with Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
- Hands-on experience with network evaluation and troubleshooting
About Seneca Resources:
- Hold or be able to obtain a current industry recognized certification such as CCNA
- Must possess or be able to obtain DoD 8570 Certification for IAT Level II or higher within two (2) months of starting (GSEC, GICSP, SCCP, Security+ CE or CCNA-Security)
- Experience with network design, virtual environments and cyber systems design
- Experience working in SCRUM and AGILE environments highly desired
- Experience with cross-platform applications on various OSs
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodology, understanding of development release cycle and operations, Source Control and Version tools
- Experience working with DISA, local and long-haul circuit vendors
- Experience working with MILSAT/COMSAT systems
- Experience with network design, virtual environments and cyber systems design is preferred
- Experience with communicating / coordinating highly technical requirements with team members is a priority due to competing priorities and demanding deadlines
- Experience with vigorous change management environment and the ability to document and test all changes prior to implementation
- Experience with performing technical, operational, and security risk analysis for new changes and technologies and the ability to articulate risks in a succinct manor
- Experience with all layers of the OSI Model and configuration of networks with routing protocols, packet captures, ACLs, firewalls and security
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.