Our client is looking for GIS Technician
candidates for a position located in Valdosta, Georgia
. Our client is seeking a GIS Technician to assist with their Local Government GIS Collection effort. Ideal candidates will have working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS 10.x Desktop software suite and general GIS principles and concepts.
- Completion or near completion (in process) four-year college degree in GIS, Geography, or a related field.
- Proficiency with the ArcGIS 10.x Desktop software suite.
- The individual should be detail-oriented and highly skilled using the ArcGIS editing tools, and should be familiar with shapefiles, personal/file geodatabases, geodatabase topology and editing in a SDE multi-user database.
- The candidate should be familiar with querying databases and be able to validate data.
- The candidate must have the technical agility, focus, flexibility, enthusiasm and vision to complement and enhance the team.
- The candidate must be able to coordinate, plan, and support simultaneous tasks and GIS projects; query data; prepare and deliver reports to the immediate supervisor and others; use geospatial data in the creation and production of GIS maps and data; and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
About Seneca Resources:
- Experience with creating and editing GIS data, and GIS work experience with a city or county government agency.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.