6 month contract-to-hire
Our client is seeking Algorithms Engineer
candidates for a position located at Research Park in Huntsville, AL
. This candidate will provide technical expertise and support in developing complex algorithms for managing sensors in support of new Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) capabilities.
- Candidate must have extensive experience working in the missile defense domain, specifically in the resource management of sensors and related algorithms
- Candidates must have experience working in an integrated team environment with other systems, software and specialty engineers to develop solutions
- Demonstrated experience in algorithm development, troubleshooting, analysis, and one or more of the following areas: system analysis, design, modeling, simulation, integration, test
- Experience performing trade studies, requirements development, engineering design as well as software development processes and modeling is also required
- Candidate must understand utilization of tracking sensors
- Candidate should understand complex systems
- Familiarity with MATLAB and its use in prototyping/developing algorithms is required
- Candidate should have experience in developing Algorithm Description Documents (ADDs) and related Systems Engineering products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, and prepare and brief presentations to the customer as needed
- Self-motivated and customer-oriented
- Direct experience with BMDS radar systems (LRDR/TPY-2, etc.) either direct or indirect
- Ability to develop in JAVA or C++
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
About Seneca Resources:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a Math, Science, Engineering or related field and 8 years of software/systems engineering experience
- Master’s degree and 6 years of software/systems engineering experience
- Candidates must currently have and be able to maintain a minimum DoD SECRET level security clearance
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.