Toolmaker- Die Casting
Our client is looking for Toolmaker candidates
for a position located in Birmingham, AL.
Our client is a large automotive manufacturing supplier and is looking to add qualified Toolmakers that will ensure tooling is ready for production runs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for continuous improvement of tooling, housekeeping, making informed decisions, and having tooling ready for production runs.
- Follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies.
- Understand and promote Magna’s philosophies (Magna Operational Principles, Corporate Constitution and Employee’s Charter).
- Maintain dies and other tooling to produce quality parts to improve processes to increase productivity
- Tig & Mig welding and hand working parts of dies (heat treat of materials)
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on all tooling and fills out the pm sheet and keep PM schedules up to date.
- Operates a variety of small machines, tools and equipment.
- Verifies conformance of machined or repaired dies to specifications by checking dimensions, clearances and alignments.
- Troubleshoots for problems during production.
- Modifies dies and tooling to conform to engineering changes.
- Tryout of new die sets and tooling.
About Seneca Resources:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required: 2-year from a technical college or minimum 5 years’ experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing facility
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.