About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Texas, and Florida that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Position Title: Entry Level Software Engineer
Location: Huntsville, AL
Clearance Status: Secret Clearance
Position Status: Contract to Hire
Our client is looking for Entry Level Software Engineer candidates for a position located in Huntsville, AL.
Education/Certifications: BS in Technical Discipline or related field, Secret Clearance required with ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
Preferred Skills: • Experience in software development of Java-based applications and systems
• Candidate must have hands-on development experience for Java-based applications in a UNIX/Linux platform environment
• Candidate must have experience developing software in a structured, process-based integrated team environment
• Experience in common software development and management tools such as Clearcase and Eclipse
• Must have an understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams
• Experience implementing mathematical algorithms in source code
• Must have strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to review software execution performance issues, identify root cause and recommend a solution
• Candidate will have good verbal and written communication skills
• Candidate will have the ability to work independently and will possess the poise and flexibility required to work in a highly dynamic environment
• Candidate should have good working knowledge of MS Office products