Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Huntsville, AL or Remote
Direct hire, full time
Our client is seeking Cybersecurity Software Engineer
candidates for a position located in Huntsville, AL
. This individual will help code their next generation system using microservices and containers but also FIPS 140-2 level encryption. This Engineer will lead, support and provide direction for a new development team that are cutting edge technologies in highly secure A/V over IP systems. The position will provide executing the microservices/container architecture to help with design and delivery of secure video for various types of customers, including government and military, commercial, sports, education, and medical customers. You will work with and lead the team through security design, development, writing code, and delivery of secure product.
- Develop secure architecture using best-in-class tools and techniques for applications to control audio/video IP devices in secure locations.
- Be a team lead for implementation of design through the complete development and delivery process.
- Collaborate with hardware and embedded software engineers in the planning, design, and development of new products.
- Develop software according to a defined process and maintain existing software.
- Collaborate with senior engineers in the mid and low-level design of the software.
- Work independently and as a team leader to meet product delivery goals.
- Expertise in Linux, Linux programming, and either C++, Java, or Go
- Knowledge of AGILE project methodology.
- Demonstrated success architecting and implementing software systems
- Experience with distributed systems and micro-service architecture
- Experience with REST architecture and RESTFUL APIs
- Working knowledge of any of the following considered a plus: Kubernetes, Database systems (SQL or noSQL), Cassandra or clustered MariaDB, OAuth2, OpenSSL, Cryptography, FIPS 140-2, Video over IP, NMOS
About Seneca Resources:
- Ability to work self-directed and self-motivated toward defined goals
- Demonstrated success coaching and leading a software team
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.