About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Texas, and Florida that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
IT Security Analyst
Our client is looking for IT Security Analyst
candidates for a position located in Birmingham, AL
- The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in a computer related field, preferably in IT Security
- The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills, must demonstrate efficiency, punctuality and professional communication via phone and email.
- The successful candidate must also be proficient in network and server security standards, application and documentation
- The candidate is preferred to have relevant experience auditing, documenting, and implementing NIST SP 800-53, FEDRamp, and HIPAA security controls.
- The candidate is preferred to have at least one (1) year of relevant experience gap assessing an environment vs NIST SP 800-53 security controls.
- The candidate is required to have writing skills to support thorough documentation of tested controls and communication skills to communicate the information security principles to all levels from executives to non-technical employees.
- A candidate’s knowledge of healthcare and electronic medical records is a plus.
- Work across internal departments to assess IT Security practices and implement policies
- Perform yearly gap assessments of the environment vs various (NIST, HIPAA, etc.) security controls.
- Assist in implementing identified security controls
- Create, modify, and update company security documentation as requirements change
- Drive the company’s security initiative