Contract (6 month)
Our client is seeking Oracle DBA
candidates for a position located in Atlanta, GA
. This individual will design, code, test, modify and debug computer software. Researches and analyzes program or systems problems and develops program documentation. Translates business requirements into development activities in secure and maintainable code.
About Seneca Resources:
- Migrate custom developed applications in a 3-tier Oracle Portal environment and troubleshoot/resolve application issues.
- Maintain the the Oracle Portal and Oracle Database environments within ESS, including but not limited to: installation, upgrades, and patches to all Oracle components; ensuring proper security levels are maintained; tuning and day-to day maintenance to ensure a high level of reliability and stability.
- Develop, maintain, and implement procedures to guarantee the accuracy, accessibility and responsiveness of the portal and database environments, ensuring optimal database performance and availability, including the identification, analysis, and resolution of complex database issues.
- Assist application developers in the effective use of portal and database query and programming languages and work with other department personnel to ensure all activities associated with the databases function smoothly and efficiently.
- Serve as a resource on a variety of database integration issues, including migration between disparate databases, data conversion, capacity planning, and new application deployments.
- Maintain documentation including database backup & recovery, data dictionaries and data flow diagrams as well as any documentation to meet departmental and audit requirements.
- Provides support for assigned enterprise Oracle applications and their respective databases.
- Primarily Production with some Test and Development.
- Provide functional and technical support for end-users of the assigned enterprise applications, including but not limited to, applying upgrades and patches, ad-hoc querying, data manipulation and managing end user service tickets.
- Perform troubleshooting and resolution of system issues and providing functional level support to campus end-users.
- Serve as the liaison between functional users and technical support staff.
- Maintain records and documentation to meet departmental and audit requirements.
- Creation of user accounts, assigning security access, and annual review of user accounts to ensure compliance to audit standards.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.