Remote Azure Cloud Engineer (Secret Clearance)
Contract to Hire
Our client is looking for Azure Cloud Engineer
candidates for a Remote position supporting one of their Air Force programs under the Intelligence Division.
The Sr. Azure Cloud Engineer is a member of the Cloud One Operations and Sustainment Dev Sec Team focused on site reliability engineering. This candidate will be part of a team responsible for the architecture design/planning, management, support, and oversight of the Cloud One Azure environments.
The Cloud One program incorporates the capabilities of commercial cloud and Managed Service Providers (MSP) residing in Cloud Service Providers (CSPs). Cloud One facilitates the USAF and USAs efforts to migrate applications to a cloud environment, allowing the closure of data centers to support the Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) and allowing for increased efficiencies across the entire spectrum of the USAF and USAs IT operations.
- Design Azure environments and topologies, all aspects
- Migrate and deploy various customer workloads to Azure
- Deploy hybrid AWS/Azure Active Directory environments
- Azure security and monitoring solutions implementation, including automated responses
- Tools and Automation (scripting – Terraform, ARM templates)
- Configure and troubleshoot cloud, virtual, and physical hardware and software systems
- Proactively identify and resolve operational, tooling and process inefficiencies
- Project and design documentation
- Process and support documentation
- Update Knowledge base and Standard Operating Procedures
- Respond to customer requests promptly
- Maintain regular contact with customers during support and projects
- Provide technical assistance and training to users and other team members
- Bachelors and 5 years’ experience or Masters and 3 years (in lieu of a degree an additional four years of experience will be considered)
- Two (2) or more years’ experience providing similar operations and sustainment support for the AF CCE/Cloud One program
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related discipline and 5+ years of relevant experience
- In-depth understanding of and experience with deployments of various systems to Azure
- Experience with networking, VPNs, IaaS, PaaS, SQL, storage, Azure Active Directory
- Demonstrates verbal skills with subject matter ability to present on all aspects and features of Azure
- Experience working on integrated teams requiring high levels of customer contact and collaboration, design, implementation, and involvement in project planning
- Demonstrates written skulls documenting design, asset inventory, diagrams, and presentation materials
- Experience with DevSecOps, Agile, Scrum, SAFe or other modern software development methods/practices
About Seneca Resources:
- Security + (or other IAT II equivalent)
- MCSE or MCTS, Azure certifications (AZ 100, AZ 500, and/or other AZ series exams, 346/7 are bonus), Azure Assessments, AWS Solutions Architects Associate
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.