Micro-focus Programmer Analyst
Our client is seeking Micro-focus Programmer Analyst
candidates for a position located in Atlanta, GA
. This individual will be responsible for analyzing, understanding and translating business needs into business/technical requirements. This position will analyze, design and develop information systems as well as act as subject matter expert in respective technology.
- Design, code, test, and implement complex programs and packages.
- Develop appropriate programs and systems documentation according to established IT standards.
- Coordinate analyses necessary to identify viable solution alternatives, create technical documents, high level solution designs and work estimates.
- Conduct systems tests monitor results and take required corrective actions as needed.
- Help support/manage systems during deployment and pilot until effective transition has occurred to the support teams.
- Provide training on respective system or technology solutions to team members and business partners.
- Participate in structured walkthroughs and technical reviews.
- Promote and use the standard systems development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Define deployment strategies to increase the organization's maturity in tool use.
- Provide technical consultation in new systems development, new package system evaluations, and enhancement of existing systems and participating in structured walkthroughs and technical reviews.
- Select appropriate tools to develop systems and software.
- Deploy and support vendor packaging, designing and building interface around it.
- Provide technical direction in systems analysis, design and development in coordination with enterprise architects and/or solution architects.
About Seneca Resources:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- Five (5) years of working experience in Microfocus Cobol, Unix, and Mainframe environment
- Working knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC) and commonly used QA concepts, practices and procedures.
- Prior experience with automated testing tools and stress/load/performance testing environments.
- Demonstrated application design and development knowledge in one or more of the following - object-oriented programming, .Net, JAVA/J2EE, SQL, TFS, COBOL, C#.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.